Sunday, January 18, 2009

Classy Recession

So I know that this (stated lightly) recession "thing" has been lingering in the air for quite some time now. Sometimes I just let it go through one ear and out the other, but as a young designer or for any designer I find it blurring my inspiration, ideas, and sometimes my dreams. I am constantly working on trying to stay inspired while trying to inspire at the same time. So I turn to the ones that most inspire me for a little encouragement. Karl Lagerfeld dresses up the recession with a pretty catchprase:“Bling is over. Red carpet-y covered with rhinestones is out. I call it ‘the new modesty.’ ” Another gem: “Throwing money out the window brings money back in through the front door.” Why couldn’t Karl have been our econ professor?

1 comment:

SharperFocus said...

he wears Chrome Hearts....